Unfair dismissal and employment law
It is also unfair dismissal when the employer doesn't follow the correct process for the dismissal.
However, an employer does have the right to dismiss employees for reasons related to their conduct (such as substance abuse or theft), ability to do their work (ie performance-related) or long-term illness.
When can you make an unfair dismissal claim?
If you believe you have been dismissed without a fair reason then one of our recommended unfair dismissal lawyers can help you make a claim to an employment tribunal. Please bear in mind however that you must have been with your employer for a certain prescribed period of time.
Unfair dismissal claims are most often made due to:
- Discrimination on the basis of gender, race, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age
- Maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Notice periods
- Before, during or after business transfers
- Unfair selection for redundancy
- In connection with disciplinary or grievance hearings
- Trade union involvement
Using an unfair dismissal lawyer
Caven works with a national network of specialised employment solicitors and unfair dismissal lawyers. As such, we can put you in touch with the right unfair dismissal solicitor according to your needs. An employment lawyer can negotiate with your employer or start an employment-tribunal claim on your behalf.
Using a no-win no-fee unfair dismissal lawyer
Many of our recommended unfair dismissal solicitors will consider taking cases on a no-win, no-fee basis. Please be aware, however, that in some instances it may actually be more cost-effective to engage a solicitor on a fixed-fee- or hourly-fee basis rather than on a no-win, no-fee arrangement.
Call us on 08001 221 2299 for more advice and to instruct an unfair dismissal lawyer to make an unfair dismissal claim today.
There is no charge to you for using our service. Our telephone advisors have excellent knowledge of the legal process and can recommend the best course of action and ensure you talk quickly to the right legal specialist for your needs.
Top quality solicitors
If you use our service we will get a specialist solicitor to call you, meaning you get the expert advice you need quickly and easily. The solicitors we work with can assist you with legal issues in any area of law in any part of the country. All Caven firms also have a service-level guarantee and many have Law Society accreditations in their area of expertise.
We always stay in contact with clients to get their feedback, ensuring our legal specialists meet the high standards of customer service we expect from our partner firms.
More than 5,000 solicitors across the UK are accessible right now if you use Caven.
- Dismissal laws
- Dismissal letter
- Dismissal Notice
- Dismissal Procedures
- Dismissal Rights
- Dismissal Without Prejudice
- Unfair dismissal
- Information on unfair dismissal cases
- Unfair dismissal claim: when and how to claim
- Are you looking to claim compensation for unfair dismissal?
- Unfair dismissal law
- The impact of unfair dismissals on employers
- Employment and unfair dismissal - what do you need to know?
- Unfair Dismissal
- How might mediation help with unfair dismissal claims?
- When might redundancy constitute unfair dismissal?
- What evidence will you need to make an unfair dismissal claim?
- What happens if an employer doesn't pay the compensation due for unfair dismissal?
- When might non-capability be an unfair reason for dismissal?
- When might summary dismissal constitute unfair dismissal?