Speeding accidents


The speed that you drive at is restricted by the type of road you are driving on and the type of vehicle you are driving. The national speed limit for cars and motorcycles is 30 mph in built up areas, 60 mph on single carriageways and 70 mph on dual carriageways and motorways. Even exceeding the speed limit by a small amount can be dangerous. Ignoring these speed limits can have serious effects, and the faster a vehicle is travelling the more the likelihood of speeding accidents and the greater the force of impact on collision, putting everyone involved in the accident at a much higher risk.

If you have suffered injuries in a car accident as a result of someone else speeding you are entitled to make a no win, no fee claim for compensation. Injuries from speeding accidents can include pain and suffering, loss of amenity, loss of earnings/overtime, damage to personal effects and the cost of medication/prescriptions and any other miscellaneous expenses.

In order to establish a claim from speeding accidents the following is normally required: witness statements, police reports and other information relevant to the car accident, which will later be used as evidence to support your personal injury compensation claim. This will be sent to the other person's car insurance company, with a request for the personal injury compensation claim to be settled. If it cannot be settled then the claim may proceed to court. It is important to contact a personal injury lawyer soon after the accident as you only have three years to bring a claim.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on speeding accidents and personal injury then Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist personal injury solicitor free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local speeding accident solicitors please call us at 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.

0808 1593 553
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form