0800 177 7162

Immigration law firms


Immigration law firms can provide advice on matters relating to the rights of non-EU nationals to enter and remain in the UK. We have a strong panel of immigration law firms, so whether you wish to gain advice for business needs to family visits, or to claim asylum, we can put in through to an experienced immigration solicitor who can provide you with the answers you need.

For skilled workers, investors, entrepreneurs and foreign students who have graduated from a UK university you can apply to work in the UK under the 'highly skilled worker' category, a points-based system. There is no requirement that you need to have a specific job offer, but you will need to pass a points-based assessment to be eligible to apply. Your application will be awarded points based on your qualifications, previous earnings, experience of being in the UK, age, English language skills and available money you have to support yourself whilst in the UK. In order to be eligible to apply to work in the UK under the highly skilled worker category you must fall in one of the following options:

  • You are already in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme. You wish to extend your permission to stay in the UK and are eligible to switch into the highly skilled worker category; or
  • You are outside the UK and you are eligible to apply for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') under the highly skilled worker category.

The immigration process can be lengthy and complex, therefore it is important that you understand the rules and regulations of the law in relation to your case. Our immigration law firms can talk you through the application process and answer any questions you may have so you are fully prepared from the outset.

If you would like to obtain advice on an immigration matter, then Caven can put you in touch with a local law firm with specialist immigration solicitors free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local immigration solicitors please call us at 0800 177 7162 or complete the web-form above.

0800 177 7162
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form