Immigrant lawyer


An immigrant lawyer (more commonly referred to in the UK as an ‘immigration lawyer’) can help you with a range of immigration-related matters. If you are a non-EEA national, it is likely that you will have to pass legal and evidential tests before being given leave to enter the UK. An immigrant lawyer can advise you on how to best meet the relevant immigration tests.

An immigrant lawyer can help you with both private and business immigration issues. Consider an example of a business immigration issue which an immigrant lawyer can help you with.

You own a company in China. You want to set up a subsidiary/branch office in the UK. It may be possible for you to send one of your employees to the UK to do this, and they could come to the UK as a sole representative of your business.

This is known as the ‘sole representative route’. There are number of immigration tests which must be met before an employee of an overseas firm is permitted to enter the UK to set up a branch/subsidiary office. An immigrant lawyer could advise you on these tests and any problems you may face.

On a more general level, an immigrant lawyer could help you obtain entry clearance (a visa) to enter the UK if you require it. Whether you need a visa to travel to the UK will depend on your nationality. 

If you would like to obtain legal advice and information on immigration issues, Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist immigration / immigrant lawyers / solicitor free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local immigration / immigrant lawyers / solicitors please call us on 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above. 

08001 221 2299
or fill in the form
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form
Brands we work with
Guardian Unlimited logo
Guardian Unlimited logoThis is logo