Understanding enforcement of court orders

Winning your court case and having the court make a judgment in your favour is not always the end of the matter: sometimes the person whom the order was made against refuses to obey the orders. For example, you might have a court order saying someone owes you money, but they may refuse to pay it to you.

If this happens, you will need to take measures to get the court to enforce the order. The main ways of doing this are by seeking:

  • A warrant of execution
  • An attachment of earnings order
  • A third party debt order
  • A charging order

We have award-winning lawyers throughout the UK, ready to assist with your case. Fill in the form and we'll be in touch.

Important information

For [selected AoL] law, solicitors will charge a minimum fee of £250 to provide an initial consultation and written opinion on your case. We have a number of recommended law firms in our network who could provide this service to you at the most competitive price. If you would like to proceed, click ‘Paid advice’ below and one of our advisors will call you on a free-of-charge basis to discuss this further with you.