0808 129 5772

Emigration to America


Emigration to America is one of the most popular decisions for foreign nationals looking to leave their country to start a new life. Thousands of people apply to emigrate to America either for residence, citizenship, employment or many other reasons. The American green card criteria is amongst the strictest emigration criteria in the world and the help of a solicitor experienced in this area would be useful to making a successful application.

Emigration to America can be acquired through various different types of visas, more than you would probably expect. If you wish to secure a US visa for a short period then you will need to apply for a B1 business visa or submit a B2 travel visa application. If you wish to enter the country for a longer period then you will need to apply for a L1 visa or H1-B visa.

If you would like to open your own American business then you need to obtain either an E1 or E2 visa. Both have a maximum validity period of 5 years and also offer the holder an opportunity to pursue a US Green Card. Those wishing to live in the USA on a permanent basis will need to apply for a green card. You can emigrate to America by applying for a Green Card through specific categories of family connections such as a sibling, parent or spouse or through the annual lottery aimed at allowing candidates from under-represented countries to commence living and working in the USA.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on emigration to America then Caven can put you in touch with a local emigration solicitor free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local emigration solicitors please call us at 0808 129 5772 or complete the web-form above.

0808 129 5772
or fill in the form
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form
Brands we work with
Guardian Unlimited logoTelegraph.co.uk logo
Guardian Unlimited logoThis is money.co.uk logo