Do you need help with your divorce papers?


In order to obtain a divorce, there are a number of divorce papers that must be completed. To commence divorce proceedings you must fill out a form known as a ‘petition’. This form is completed by the applicant, known as the ‘petitioner’. Once the petition form has been filed at court, a copy must be sent to the applicant’s spouse, referred to in divorce proceedings as the ‘respondent’. 

All divorce papers that must be filled out during the process must be completed to the court’s satisfaction, in accordance with the law. You need to establish that the marriage has irretrievably broken down and provide evidence covering one of the specified grounds for proving this. You also need to give an indication of what the temporary arrangements regarding children and property will be. If the divorce papers do not have the correct, or enough, information to satisfy the court, the court may either ask for further information or require the party to resubmit the papers. If this happens, it could delay your divorce being finalised and add to the cost of your divorce.

In order to prevent this from happening, it is advised that you seek help from a specialist divorce solicitor to assist you in completing your divorce papers. The solicitors that Caven can put you in touch with have a wealth of experience with divorce and can assist you from the beginning to end.

If you would like to obtain some assistance in completing your divorce papers, then Caven can put you in touch with a local law firm with specialist family law / divorce solicitors free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local family law / divorce solicitors please call us on 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.


08001 229 4451
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form