Disputes and litigation

Sadly it is a fact of life that disputes will take place between individuals and organisations. Where the parties fail to settle the disagreement between them, the next step will be to talk to a lawyer about the options available to end that dispute.

Sometimes it may be possible to resolve the situation without legal action, by using Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR), such as mediation or arbitration. However, it will often be necessary to start litigation in order to force the other party to address the situation, and ultimately have a judge rule on the matter at Court.

Where a dispute is between individuals or public bodies it is known as civil litigation, but where it involves a business it is known as commercial litigation. Further information on these areas of law is provided at the links below:

At Caven we use a wide variety of solicitors across the UK who specialise in litigation as well as Alternative Dispute Resolution, and can help you with the issue you are facing. Whether you need help mediating with your employer over a contractual dispute, or you need to sue a company that has supplied you with goods not fit for purpose, we will be able to put you in contact with the right solicitor for your needs.

Where you have a specific claim to make of a value of less than £10,000, you may like to visit our small claims page for further information on making a claim at the Small Claims Court.

Call us for free on 0800 533 5787 or use the web-form to the right to speak to an advisor who can put you in touch with the right solicitor for your needs.

Important information

For [selected AoL] law, solicitors will charge a minimum fee of £250 to provide an initial consultation and written opinion on your case. We have a number of recommended law firms in our network who could provide this service to you at the most competitive price. If you would like to proceed, click ‘Paid advice’ below and one of our advisors will call you on a free-of-charge basis to discuss this further with you.