Professional negligence: being let down by a professional


By Alessandra Vieira de Aquino

Have you ever heard about professional negligence? Professional negligence happens when a regulated professional owes you a duty of care, which they fell short of and, as a direct result of that breach, you suffer harm or loss.
If your claim is successful, you may be entitled to compensation.

Not all professionals owe a duty of care, below is a list of some of those who can be sued for professional negligence if they perform below par:

  • Solicitors
  • Surveyors
  • Barristers
  • Engineers
  • Accountants
  • Insurance brokers
  • Architects
  • Financial Advisers

A hint to find out whether you have a professional negligence case is to have a look at similar previous cases, although there will always be differences background research is a good indication of how professional negligence cases are treated.

In order to be awarded compensation you need to establish that the harm or loss you suffered was a direct result of the concerned professional’s breach of duty of care. The best way to make a claim is using the services of a professional negligence solicitor.

A specialist solicitor can ensure that all requirements relating to making a claim are attended to and estimate any possible compensation.
Caven has qualified professional negligence solicitors all over the UK. Call us today on 08001 221 2299, our experts will provide all the support you need to find the right solicitor for you.

Alessandra Vieira de Aquino is one of Caven’s most knowledgeable case handlers with extensive experience in this matter from dealing with clients on a day-to-day basis.

08001 221 2299
or fill in the form
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form
Brands we work with
Guardian Unlimited logo
Guardian Unlimited logoThis is logo