Can I get lawyers to apply for a work permit on my behalf?


Lawyers can help with every aspect of the application process to come to the UK and stay here, whether you are currently in the UK or not. If you don’t already have a work permit, you should know that the system previously in place has now been superseded by a points-based system. Lawyers can assist you in working out the best type of visa for you to use to enter or stay in the county. If you already have a work permit then you may need assistance in extending your work permit or applying for settlement in the UK.

The settlement application is costly and for this reason it is important to ensure that you get your application right the first time. If you want to know the most up to date fees information, including incidental costs, you can get this information from immigration lawyers. Work permits are no longer the correct terminology for the visas granted by the UK Borders Agency; the relevant visa will now be under the Tier 1 or Tier 2 schemes. These points-based schemes require you to obtain sufficient points in different categories, such as education level, previous earnings or funds available to you.

Immigration lawyers can also help if you want to apply for settlement if you have been in the UK for five years and have been working with permission in the form of a work permit. Lawyers will advise on the completion of the relevant forms, the evidence you need to send with your application and the applicable fees.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on work permits, Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist immigration / work permit lawyer free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding immigration / work permit lawyers please call us on 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.

08001 229 4451
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form