Betting licences


If your business proposes to provide facilities for gambling will need to obtain the correct licences. The Gambling Act 2005 requires you to have an operating licence. An operating licence is necessary even for business involved in the manufacturing, supply, installation or adaptation of gaming machinery. If your premises allow patrons to gamble, you will also likely need a premises licence.

We have set out information on operating licences in this section, as well as the main laws regulating gambling and betting. You can find information on which bodies you need to apply to, what powers they have, what the application process involves, and how compliance with licensing law is policed.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on betting licences, we can put you in touch with a local solicitor free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help please call us on 08001 221 2299.

Related information:

We use cookies on the Caven site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.