Franchise Law - what do you need to know?
What is franchise law?
Franchise law is the area of law that sets the framework for business arrangements between franchisors (the sellers of the business idea or methodology) and franchisees (the buyers that will trade under the franchisors name). The franchisor offers a viable business model and the know-how to get things started, the franchisee is authorized to use and market goods or services under the franchisor's trademarks, service marks, and trade names for a specific length of time and for a specific amount of money.
Franchise law solicitors
Our network of specialist franchise solicitors has an extensive experience in this area and offers a complete service regarding both contractual and dispute matters from the first stages off setting up a franchisee until the dissolution of the franchise agreement and anything in between.
Specialist areas of franchise law
Our franchise law solicitors' expertise includes:
- Advice for start up and existing franchises
- Franchise agreements
- Complete legal advice package for franchisors and franchisees
- Sale and purchase of both new and established franchises
- reviewing and commenting on the proposed franchise agreement
- negotiating changes with the franchisor
- dealing with transfer, termination, non-renewal, and other franchise law issues
- Operations manuals, advertising agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Intellectual property advice
- Employment law advice
- Property law advice
- Legal proceedings and dispute resolution
How we can help
Caven has more than 5,000 solicitors across the UK on its network, including franchising solicitors. We can find the best franchising law solicitors for you based on your preferences.
Caven is the UK’s leading legal brokerage company, helping you find the right franchising law solicitor. Whatever your situation, call us on 08001 221 2299 or fill in the web-form above and let our dedicated case handlers match you to the best franchising law solicitor for your needs.