Advice On Road Accidents


Road accidents today are a different prospect to what they used to be. There are stricter burdens on drivers to take care on the road as they now have an established duty to each other and to pedestrians. There are precedents to ensure that any negligence on the part of a driver can lead to compensation claims. Road accidents today can involve cars, taxis, buses, coaches, motorcycles, cycles, pedestrians and any other user of the highway. The only difference is who you would pursue in your claim. For example, if you were injured in a bus accident, or any other method of public transport, then you could bring a claim against the bus company or the responsible organisation, whereas in car accidents you would bring your claim against the insurance company of the other car. In either case your claim must be brought within three years of the accident.

In order to qualify for compensation you must have suffered an injury as a result of a third party's negligence. The injury can be minor, such as bruising or scarring, or more serious such as neck and spinal injuries, paralysis or even death. The most common type of injury from road accidents today between two vehicles is often referred to as 'whiplash'. The symptoms of whiplash vary and can be very painful. It is caused by the impact of sudden deceleration when a vehicle collides with another. It usually affects the neck or back area and the pain can either start immediately or after a short period of time. Treatment is vital as the pain can become chronic if left untreated and any medical expenses can be recovered from the third party who was at fault for the accident.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on recent road accidents then Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist personal injury solicitor free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local personal injury solicitors please call us at 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.

08001 229 4451
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form