Accidents And What You Should Do


Many people in the UK suffer from personal injury as a result of a third party's negligence. The accidents can lead to long or short-term injury and can be a distressing and emotional experience for the injured party and their family. Personal injury laws allow the innocent party in the accident to be able to claim compensation in order to help them overcome this inconvenience. If you have suffered from a personal injury then you will be able to claim no matter what your personal circumstances are, provided you were not at fault for the incident and you bring your claim within three years.

The accidents which qualify are ones which have led to a physical injury, disease or illness, or a psychological injury or illness. The accidents can also result in death in which case a dependant or family member can bring a claim on the deceased's behalf. Some preliminary steps should also be taken before you bring a claim. If the accident has happened on the road then you should inform your insurance company; if the accident has happened at work then you should report it to your employer and the accident must be recorded in the accident book. You should also report the injury to your doctor and gather evidence such as witness statements and photographs. If you have been injured as a result of a criminal act you may be able to claim compensation through the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. In this case you should report the incident to your nearest police station immediately.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on accidents and personal injury then Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist personal injury solicitor free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local personal injury solicitors please call us at 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.

08001 229 4451
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form