Accidents Abroad


If you have suffered from an accident abroad then you may be entitled to personal injury compensation. Accidents abroad can occur from the moment you depart, thus you can claim against the airline, tour operator, hotel, or any other individual or organisation that can be held responsible. The only requirement is that the claim be brought within three years (unless it is an aviation accident, in which case it's two years) and be due to the negligence of a third party and not your own.

Injuries that can be sustained abroad vary from minor cuts and bruises to more serious ones such as brain or spinal injuries, paralysis or death. Accidents abroad can happen while on board a plane or boat, whilst working, playing sports or from a slip or fall to name a few. The most common accidents abroad are road accidents either in a car or coach journey and there is an EU directive in place to help back up any road accident claim. Food poisoning is also very common when abroad and is often due to poor hygiene. Restaurants and cafes have a duty towards your health and safety and thus if you have suffered because of their negligence then you may be entitled to claim against them.

Bringing a claim for accidents abroad can cost a claimant nothing as most solicitors will work on a "no win no fee" basis and claim back their costs from the guilty party or their insurance company.

If you would like to obtain legal advice on accidents abroad then Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist personal injury solicitor free of charge. So if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local personal injury solicitors please call us at 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.

08001 221 2299
or fill in the form
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form
Brands we work with
Guardian Unlimited logo
Guardian Unlimited logoThis is logo

We use cookies on the Caven site to help us improve it.

If you would like to allow our cookies, please click 'Continue' or carry on browsing. For more information on cookies and how to change your settings, click 'More info'.