About construction law


The construction industry is governed by a host of laws and regulations. Any tradesperson or building contractor that carries out work on your home or business must do so in accordance with all current laws and regulations. If they do not, you have the right to take them to court. Because construction law is so complex and diverse, you must be clear about what kind of court case you want to bring. Note that you should be aware that some court cases would not result in a payment of compensation.

If you do want to bring a court case based on construction law for, perhaps, some work that was carried out on your home that is not up to current standards, your first step will be to contact a solicitor. Look for a law firm in your area that has business lawyers with experience of the construction industry. This specialised knowledge will come in very handy if your case comes before a court. Construction law is often open to interpretation, so the experience of a construction law solicitor will be invaluable when fighting your case.

It is also important to note that construction law cases can be long and potentially very expensive. Your solicitor can give you a realistic opinion about your case when they have reviewed it, and also give an idea of the potential levels of compensation you could receive. They can also give you details of the possible costs your case could involve.

No matter how you decide to approach your case, construction law should never be interpreted by a layperson. Use the services of a local solicitor as soon as you can. They can not only represent you in court, they can also offer invaluable help and support while your case is moving through the legal process.

If you would like to obtain legal advice about construction law, Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist construction law solicitor free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local construction law solicitors please call us on 08001 221 2299 or complete the web-form above.

08001 229 4451
or fill in the form below
Our trained advisor contacts you
Your chosen specialist solicitor calls you
Quick enquiry form