Jump To Navigation
  1. Call us, or send us some simple details using the form to the right
  2. We contact you to discuss your available options within 30 minutes
  3. We get your preferred solicitor to call you

An accident, alcohol and compensation

If you have been involved in an accident and alcohol played a part, the police may become involved – especially so if an injury took place. Criminal damage to property can also have an alcohol factor. If you are involved in an alcohol-related accident, you should ensure you have legal support throughout your case. If you are accused of a crime that resulted in an accident and alcohol was involved, your area has many solicitors that can assist you with your case.

An alcohol-related accident could result in criminal injury. The type of injury you received will determine if you are eligible for any compensation payment from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority. Their website gives details of the types of injuries you could get compensation for. Note that you need to bring your claim for possible compensation because of an alcohol-related accident within two years of the accident taking place.

You could also be involved in a road accident that involved alcohol. If dangerous driving caused your accident, the police will breathalyse all the drivers in the accident. If the person that hit you has more than the legal limit of alcohol in their blood, the police will prosecute them.

In these cases, any injury you suffered because of the alcohol-related accident could mean you receive compensation. A solicitor that has experience of personal-injury claims can assess your case and let you know if you have a strong-enough case for compensation, or even grounds to sue the other driver yourself.

Alcohol can play a part in any number of accidents you could be involved in. If you think that in your accident alcohol was a component, contact a local solicitor as soon as you can. Caven can match you to a solicitor in your area.

If you would like to obtain legal advice about accidents, Caven can put you in touch with a local specialist personal injury / accident solicitor free of charge. So, if you have any questions or would like our help in finding local personal injury / accident solicitors please call us on 0800 1777 167 or complete the web-form above.

Call Us Or Complete The Form Below

Contact Information

* Your privacy is guaranteed. We will respond to all enquiries within 30 minutes during normal business hours.

Client Testimonials

"I'm very happy with your service and will recommend you to my friends." E.H., Small Business Owner

As Featured In:

  • Telegraph
  • Guardian Unlimited!
  • The Sunday Times | Times Online
  • This is Money | Financial Website of the Year